Why Alpacas Fiber?
1. Alpaca fiber is unlike sheep’s wool, it has no grease or lanolin reducing allergen attractants therefore, hypo -allergenic .
2. Thermal qualities of alpaca are superior, these fleecy, hollow fibers offer extreme featherweight warmth.
3. Comes in many natural colors with hundreds of variations of each color.
4. Alpaca fiber strength is excellent, resulting in a more durable product.
5. Alpaca fiber is very comfortable, due to the low micron count, which results in apparel easy to wear (no itch factor).
6. Wear Resistance – Does not easily tear, pill, stretch, stain or create static.
7. Wrinkle Resistance – More resistant to wrinkling therefore, great travel wear as well as everyday wear.
8. Can be cleaned without harsh chemicals.
Care Instructions for Alpaca
- Use cool water ( 85ºF / 27ºC max.) and a mild soap or a human hair shampoo.
- Never use chlorine bleach. Woolite is not recommended.
- Remove any excess water carefully, avoiding any wringing or twisting.
- Dry the product in a flat position in the shade. Block the product, reshaping it to its original dimensions.
- By hand, carefully remove any wrinkles and straighten seams and facings. Never use a brush.
- After the product has dried, touch up with a cool iron as needed
- If you have a several pieces outfit we recommend that you clean it at the same time to avoid color discrepancies after the washing process.
- Inform the cleaner of any spot or stains.
- Ask the cleaner to use a fresh solvent in low heat and a process that does not involve tumbling.
- It is recommended that you go to a dry cleaner that has previously dealt with alpaca.
Storing and preserving your product
- Before storing, make sure that the item is fully dry.
- There are various techniques to avoid damage resulting from the presence of moths. It will be better if you store the product in a sealed cedar chest, a freezer (in a zip lock bag) or any moth protected environment.
- Sachets using dried lavender are also useful.
- We do not recommend the use of mothballs.
We hope that the above instructions will be useful for you.